Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories app purchase - internal error

ammanati
Explorer

Play memories app purchase - internal error

Hi guys,

I wanted to download the Time-Lapse app from sony play memories last night. I am using fully updated sony a6000.

The account has been registered and all went well until the confirmation of the purchase when I received "internal error has occured" message. First via wifi then I repeated the process using the cable (both on Mac and Windows; couldnt confirm the connection on Mac though) but still am getting the same message. 

Have anyone got similar problem? I've seen issues with the cable connection around but for other people the wifi usually works. 

Internal error suggest something wrong with the camera then. Doesn't it?

Appreciate your help. Wanted to install the app before Sunday morning when I am off to Italy for holiday.

Thanks

Edit: I can see now that the latest firmware is 3.1 while the app is 3.3. Should those correspond or are they simply just versions of separate items, i.e. app is being updated quicker than camera.

152 REPLIES 152

same problem here! why are they not fixing it?

Hankles
New

This drove me crazy. I had two issues. I had this one and I also had a network error has occurred. After trying many suggestions by googleing the problem, this worked for me and it worked consistantly. I purchased a Sony PlayStation Gift Card from one of the online PC Game sites. I then logged in to my account on the Sony Entertainment Network, typed in the code and added the amount to my "wallet" and then tried purchasing again and it worked. For some reason it does NOT want to pull from your credit card info that you have listed in your account. Others are experiencing the same issue. But once you purchase the playstation card, it works. Go figure. I purchased from PcGameSupply.com only because I found the link on a BestBuy site and I had the code in five minutes by email.

Problem number 2 - Network Error. I am running Windows 10, Avast Premier AV and MalewareBytes Premium. I had to temporarily disable the Avast AV shields while downloading the apps to the camera and that resolved the network error.

And last, make sure the camera's USB mode is in mass storage when installing the apps. I hope this helps and saves you from the frustration I went through. It really shouldn't be this difficult to purchase and download an app.

plsm5882
Explorer

DSC-RX100M5, connecting over Wifi and through Windows 10. This is a really expensive £999 compact camera and I have just spent 2 hours battling with the rubbish account creation process and it's missing verification emails only to find, when it finally works, that I cannot even buy the app I need right now, due to this infernal internal error. I even get this same error when using the PlayMemories Home app, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10.

Sony, if your products are this reliant on your online services then you should probably ensure they work.

Second day of my 365 project and I have failed already because I cannot get the camera to do what I had planned and its too late to come up with another shot now. Yes, I should probably have had backup plans, but who could have known it would be this difficult to use one of the advertised features of this camera.

By the way, free app installs fine.

plsm5882
Explorer

Having spoken to Playstation Network Support they informed me that it was my payment method that was not working. Odd, as I tried Paypal, AmEx and Visa and they all failed due to security triggers being raised. I had used Paypal and AmEx for other purchases earlier without issues. It was only when I tried yet another of my Visa cards that it finally worked.

I wonder if the Playstation Network does something that trigger security alerts with the various payment suppliers?

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@plsm5882 Thanks for the update!

I wonder if you may well have hit upon something there after the Playstation Network

hacking problem a while back?

bowanner
Explorer

This camera app store drives me nuts!

I have spent several hours trying to purchase the Timelapse app for my Sony A7RII. Everything seems fine until after I have "verified by visa" my card. Verification is without problems!

But then the store throws a new login dialog in my face. After new login (I am already logged in!!) I am taken to my account page. But there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXPLANATION why?? And there is no purchase!

I am logged in all the time, because if I discard the new login dialog, I can browse around my account without problems.

Why do Sony force us to buy apps for functionality that in many ways is standard at the competition? The sums charged for the apps are "pocket money" compared to the camera price, and can't contribute in any signficant way to Sony.  And why do the force us to use a marketplace that is so buggy and extremely user unfriendly?

bobbyl76
New

I'm having the same issues on January 14th in 2017. Free apps come in fine over wifi. Time-lapse is giving me an error when I try to purchase both in camera and via usb. I've tried copying and pasting my credit card info directly from my statement and i've even tried using my paypal account. Nothing works. WTH Sony! This should be free and now we can't even buy it?

folkenson
New

Here is the work around. 

Delete all of your payment info on your account and use the Sony Wallet feature. Prepay your wallet through a gift card from Amazon. Load the code into your wallet account and do the purchase.  Works great but a total pain in the a$$.

Same problem here, tried to purchase timelapse(which in everyone's opinion should be bundled in the camera itself). This problem is on your end Sony.

profile.country.MY.title
amyrol9191
Explorer

i have the same problem. how to solve?

Tags (1)