Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories app purchase - internal error

ammanati
Explorer

Play memories app purchase - internal error

Hi guys,

I wanted to download the Time-Lapse app from sony play memories last night. I am using fully updated sony a6000.

The account has been registered and all went well until the confirmation of the purchase when I received "internal error has occured" message. First via wifi then I repeated the process using the cable (both on Mac and Windows; couldnt confirm the connection on Mac though) but still am getting the same message. 

Have anyone got similar problem? I've seen issues with the cable connection around but for other people the wifi usually works. 

Internal error suggest something wrong with the camera then. Doesn't it?

Appreciate your help. Wanted to install the app before Sunday morning when I am off to Italy for holiday.

Thanks

Edit: I can see now that the latest firmware is 3.1 while the app is 3.3. Should those correspond or are they simply just versions of separate items, i.e. app is being updated quicker than camera.

152 REPLIES 152
Luk321
Explorer

Still not fixed :slight_smile: I'm used to Sony ignoring their customers. Anyone knows how to install outside of playmemories? If you don't want my 7 quid...

DBMedia
Explorer

I found a solution! Go to amazon.com and purchase what is called a PSN gift card. Be sure it is not a plus or any other version. Purchase the value of "playstation cash" you want added to your account with Sony. Once purchased you will get a redemtion code which you add to your account and now you have funds in your Sony account. Once there are funds in there it should be no issue to download the app. It just worked fine for me. Best of luck

Luk321
Explorer

There is no way, as a customer, I'm paying to Sony a penny more than what I want to purchase. It makes no sense for me to pay for Sony's mistakes.

DBMedia
Explorer

I hear what you are saying. The app is required to purchase, regardless of how you go about it. This was the easiest solution I was able to find. Best of luck. 

SiobhaaanAB

as far as im aware there is no other way to install other than through play memories. only way thius has worked for me for any of the purchase apps is through buying a playstation voucher on amazon (£10) and they email you a number for the voucher, put that into your wallet on the play station network and then purchase it on play memories on your camera. a lot of messing around for us but its the only way i have managed to purchase anything. 

sony should be fixing this problem or atleast telling us about it and how to fix it instead of leaving their customers hanging. honestly, if id have known it would be this much bother i would never have bought a sony camera. they have not replioed to one email or been able to help with one single phone call. it will be the last i purchase anything from sony. 

i have had bother with my nikon and canon camer's before and the companies have bent over backwards for me to get my cameras fixed. sony hasnt even bothered to anser an email. very dissapointing. 

jofenne41
Explorer

I understand your frustration at sony, there are hundreds of customers who are dissatisfied with Sony and their apparent disregard for customer satisfaction.Sony should read all on this site and understand the damage they have inflicted upon the company. All this has been said many times but to no avail.COME ON SONY, SHOW US HOW CLEVER YOU REALLY ARE?   
timaxjan
New

Same problem.

Cant download the installer on my mac and can purchase through the camera.

Not good

mgaston53
Explorer

I have the same issue getting the time-lapse app on my sony a7sii. Please let me know how to fix this. Thanks..

Millmogs
New

Like so many here I was pulling my hair out and wondering why the hell I bought Sony if this is how they treat their customers.

In later posts someone suggested going on Amazon buying a Sony Gift Card and loading it into your wallet.  This I did and the purchase of an app worked perfectly.   The card was marketed for the Playstation, but once in the wallet its all the same.   I am in UK and it was listed as PSN CARD 10 GBP WALLET TOPUP.  Pick the top up value you want to buy and it gives a link to activate which goes straight into the Sony wallet.  AT LEAST AMAZON HAS A SYSTEM THAT WORKS!

Luk321
Explorer

Hi,

thanks everyone for the answer, yes I am aware of the other method, but see the point is to pay exactly what I want. The app is not 10 quid. It's 7.99 and I refuse to give some more than I need to. I don't care about two quid but it's about how Sony is treating their customers. I would normally not ever buy anything from Sony due to my previous experience but the camera was just too cheap to pass on that one. I will call the cs when I'm back in UK, hopefully it'll work.