Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories app purchase - internal error

ammanati
Explorer

Play memories app purchase - internal error

Hi guys,

I wanted to download the Time-Lapse app from sony play memories last night. I am using fully updated sony a6000.

The account has been registered and all went well until the confirmation of the purchase when I received "internal error has occured" message. First via wifi then I repeated the process using the cable (both on Mac and Windows; couldnt confirm the connection on Mac though) but still am getting the same message. 

Have anyone got similar problem? I've seen issues with the cable connection around but for other people the wifi usually works. 

Internal error suggest something wrong with the camera then. Doesn't it?

Appreciate your help. Wanted to install the app before Sunday morning when I am off to Italy for holiday.

Thanks

Edit: I can see now that the latest firmware is 3.1 while the app is 3.3. Should those correspond or are they simply just versions of separate items, i.e. app is being updated quicker than camera.

152 REPLIES 152
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ammanati,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Are you able to install one of the free apps to see if you receive the same error??

bensmithett
Explorer

I'm getting exactly the same error trying to install exactly the same app. Problem is on your end, Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi bensmithett,

It might very well be an issue with the app.. Could you confirm that you are able to install one of the free apps with out receiving the same error please??

Once you or @ammanati provide feedback it will help identify where the problem lies & I will be able to inform one of my contacts within Sony with information so that they can hopefully reach the team who are able to fix the issue..

Roller25
New

Same issue here! Any updates with this? I want to purchase an app.

bensmithett
Explorer

Hey Thalamus, yep, I can install free apps fine.

Cheers :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the feedback, I have forwarded this on to me of my contacts in a hope that this can get fixed for you, as soon as I receive any news I'll update this thread..

I have the same issue , however, there is no problem to download the free apps.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Chien77479,

I chased my Sony contact again last night but as yet I have not received any feedback or expected date for a fix..

schneckc
Explorer

Same problem trying to download onto Sony RX100 Mark IV. Free apps load no problem. Internal error every time I try to download the TimeLapse app. On my Sony Transaction account history, it lists "missed transaction" 4 times.