Join now - be part of our community!

Help my tablet find my IP address

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
SonyState
Visitor

Help my tablet find my IP address

Help1 I have a feeling that I am way off mark with my new Sony tablet.

It finds my WEP connection but says trying to find IP address and that is where it sticks. Perhaps it only works with a wireless router.  I have spent 2 days trying to connect and have run through all the suggestions but it still sticks at the IP address thing. I bought this because I have other Sony stuff.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

if your wifi access point does not provide a dhcp-service, you need to connect using a static ip adress (a free one in your network) and supply the gateway and DNS server ip (same as your pc uses) to connect to the internet outside your home network.

first do forget network in your wifi list

then connect to it, choose static, scroll a bit down in that window and supply the ip adresses.

all of this in addition to supplying the WEP key

this is not common, most home networks have routers set to do this automatically.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi SonyState.

Can you please clarify what you are trying to do please?  What are you trying to connect to (with model number if possible)?

If you are not trying to connect to a wireless router, what are you trying to connect to?  Is it a DHCP Server that automatically provides an IP address?  If not, then you may have to manually set an IP address.

:thinking:

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

if your wifi access point does not provide a dhcp-service, you need to connect using a static ip adress (a free one in your network) and supply the gateway and DNS server ip (same as your pc uses) to connect to the internet outside your home network.

first do forget network in your wifi list

then connect to it, choose static, scroll a bit down in that window and supply the ip adresses.

all of this in addition to supplying the WEP key

this is not common, most home networks have routers set to do this automatically.

SonyState
Visitor

Just to tell you all that I eventually managed to get online. I used the code that followed the WEP on my SpeedTouch router. A major problem was that I had inadvertently put the aeroplane setting on (which should be off) Sony, you should make that clear to a newby. It says a lot for may patience that I didn't return the tablet.

Many thanks to this forum for your help

profile.country.en_IE.title
vettelvib
Visitor

Hi, you can find your IP address at Ip-details . here just enter this website your IP address will be shown...

Message was edited by: vettelvib

Message was edited by: vettelvib

phyll22
Visitor

Hi, i am having the same issue regarding connecting to the internet. i have already returned 1 tablet as it crashed several times as well as not connecting. my new one connected straight away but after 5 minutes lost connection and refuses to re-connect. i have tried the above but no luck. Can you advise a more step by step basic way for me as i am not technically minded!!