Join now - be part of our community!

VERY DISAPPOINTED TO FIND THAT I NEED A SIM CARD BEFORE I CAN USE MY TABLET, what type of sim card do i need, please help

profile.country.en_GB.title
floyd1958
Visitor

VERY DISAPPOINTED TO FIND THAT I NEED A SIM CARD BEFORE I CAN USE MY TABLET, what type of sim card do i need, please help

very disappointed to find that i need a sim card before i can use my Sony SGPT114GB/S 3G tablet. It is linked to our existing home WiFi network with Sky.  What type of sim card do i need and why do i need one ? please help. many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

you should not need it at home, where you have wifi.

3g sim card is to use it outside your home, on a mobile network.

you mention that it is linked to your home network, so that part works?

profile.country.en_GB.title
floyd1958
Visitor

Hi, thanks for your reply. No I cannot get on to the internet even though my tablet says "secured to Sky ******" WiFi. also it keeps displaying "please insert sim card"

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

You've purchased the 3G version, so why are you surprised that its asking for a SIM card to be inserted?

As for what type of SIM card, just a normal one from any mobile phone operator. You will need a monthly mobile contract that'll cost between £10 and £15 per month

profile.country.BE.title
hdrider
Explorer

I have the 3G version en where i have wifi, in Belgium are Hotspots en i have no problem to connect. I have no sim card in my sony tablet.