Join now - be part of our community!

sound is horrendously quiet in comparison to the iPad, why?

profile.country.en_GB.title
surfer83
Visitor

sound is horrendously quiet in comparison to the iPad, why?

hi there guys,

I just wanted to find out the general consensus on the volume levels of the Sony Tablet. After taking it out the box on christmas day and playing around with it, i could not believe the lack of volume and poor quality of sound (tinny sound, on the verge of crackling any time soon kind of poor quality). The volume is so quiet and not very loud at all, although perhaps this is my fault for judging it against the superior iPad.

has anyone else experiemced these problems?

karis x

3 REPLIES 3
deadprimal
Visitor

first things first , I love my new pad but there are niggles . I do find it a bit naff on the built-in sound front. next is the lack of ps3 support!

Message was edited by: deadprimal

Message was edited by: deadprimal

mpattenden
New

I think the general concensus has been on here that the inbuilt speakers are adequate at best. The actual sound quality though through either earphones or speakers is in my opinion fantastic.

I was lucky enough to get a set of harmon kardon soundsticks III for Christmas and the sound rivals my denon separates with mission speakers!

Probably not necessarily what you want to hear but hope it helps

Padster

lemurville
Visitor

I agree. I wonder how many people would be happy for the tablet (in future) to be slighlty bigger and heavier to accommodate better speakers?

For now, the sony music player and dlna app can make the sound a liitle better. If you go to the settings there are two options, one for xloud and one for clearphase.