Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
_MarkM_
Explorer

WF-1000XM4 Sudden Battery Drain Issue | 2 days after warranty period ends!

I bought a set of WF-1000XM4s last year (literally a few days over 1 year ago) and have loved them ... sound quality is outstanding!

I had noticed slight battery performance reduction in recent weeks however a few days ago the buds powered down due to low battery after just 40 mins or so (from full charge).

I have tried the reset and initialisation processes since and run some tests. Consistently, the buds are now losing ~25% charge per 10 minutes! 

I initiated a support chat yesterday with Sony who suggested sending them for inspection & repair but to note the terms of the warranty.

I asked if this would end up being a paid 'inspection & repair' and if so, they were going in the bin and I'd refrain from buying Sony products in the future.

I was told this would be investigated and I'd get a reply 'within 1 working day' ... I won't hold my breath!

Meantime, anyone else seen this issue and anything I can try?

I use them with LDAC on, DSEE off and flip between NC off & ambient mode depending on where I am.

Sony support site suggests I should get circa 4.5 hours and I probably originally got that ... now its 30 to 40 mins so not even one album!
Who Me Too'd this topic