Join now - be part of our community!

MDR RF810RK Wireless Headphones

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Joeandjamesdad
Visitor

MDR RF810RK Wireless Headphones

Hi, new to the forums and I hope someone can help me out. I bought the above headphones for my dad for Christmas. Everything is working fine and the sound is great. However, I seem to have a problem with the transmitter / base unit turning itself off. What my dad does is

1) watch his TV using his headphones

2) plug his headphones in to charge overnight

3) go to use his heaphones again in the morning but the green light on the base unit is off. The only way he can get the headphones to work is to turn the transmitter / base unit off (at the plug), wait about 10 seconds and then switch it on. The green light comes on and the pgones work fine.

Is this a power saving 'feature' or is he doing anything wrong? There is no issue with the audio quality or battery life of the headphones, just that he needs to switch off / switch on every time he wants to use them (after charging). I don't know if this happens if he's not charging the headphones.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Bren

Message was edited by: Joeandjamesdad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi joeandjamesdad,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

It does state in the user guide that the base station can turn off..

If the transmitter does not detect an audio signal for more than about 4 minutes, it will stop sending RF signals, and the POWER indicator will blink for 1 minute, and then turn off.

When the transmitter receives an audio signal again, it starts sending the RF signals, and the POWER indicator will light up green again.

I have attached a link to the user guide & it seems quite specific in explaining how to charge & use the headphones, if after checking the guide, with your dad, you find he is still having problems let us know & we'll see if we can get an answer from Sony..:smileyconfused:

MDR-RF810RK user guide

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi joeandjamesdad,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

It does state in the user guide that the base station can turn off..

If the transmitter does not detect an audio signal for more than about 4 minutes, it will stop sending RF signals, and the POWER indicator will blink for 1 minute, and then turn off.

When the transmitter receives an audio signal again, it starts sending the RF signals, and the POWER indicator will light up green again.

I have attached a link to the user guide & it seems quite specific in explaining how to charge & use the headphones, if after checking the guide, with your dad, you find he is still having problems let us know & we'll see if we can get an answer from Sony..:smileyconfused:

MDR-RF810RK user guide

profile.country.en_GB.title
Joeandjamesdad
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus. My dad is back from his holiday now so I'll see exactly what he's doing and give him the access to the user manual. Thanks again.

Bren

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Bren..:smileyhappy:

micktheclick
Explorer

Help I'm having the same problems as this . I have my TV volume fully turned up and the headphone batteries fully charged but the phones still flash and turn of after three or four minutes. I can rectify for a further three or four minute period by unplugging the mains from the receiver and plugging back in again but that's not the answer.? Please help I'm a bit deaf and the family bought these for me so that i diidn't need the telly on full blast . Also I'd like to set the TV so that everyone else can hear it whilst I have my earphones plugged in, will that be in the TV sound menu ?  Please

Bob1356
New

I purchased a new Sony wireless headst. MDR-RF985RK from Best Buy....I plugged the unit ... charged the headphones for 4 hours.   I removed the headset from the cradle and turned the headset on ... I hear a very distinctive flicker or fluddering.  I changed to the next channel on the base unit and then the headset... the fluddering continued and is equal in volume with the audio from the Flatscreen... the base is plugged directly into the audio output of the television ... I changed to the third channel and back to the first channel...I have changed the angle of the base unit moved it to various locations ... the fluddering continues... I ended up bring the headset back to Best Buy and replaced with a new headset.... brought the unit home plugged it in charged the headset... once again I have the fluddering....I unplugged the base from the Flatscreen... and can hear the fluddering in the headset....even though the base is no longer connect to the Flatscreen... the green LED on the base unit is still on solid and the fluddering is faint in the background.... please let me know if ther is a way to resolve the fluddering noise before I return the unit for good...Thanks. Bob