Join now - be part of our community!

YES!!! YES!!!

Eugenepang
Visitor

YES!!! YES!!!

Well a month ago i was thinking about upgrading my vaio A317S memory to 1G.. i check on sony site and yikes.. very ery expensive.. so i check up crucial.. and yes! its alooooot cheaper! 1x512mb is £50.51 inc vat. so i would need 2x512mb which will cost me £101.2 inc vat. which is still alot cheaper than sony.. but then i think again what if i wanted to upgrade to 2G??? hmm so i put it on hold.. untill

Today!.. i check crucial up again and yes they now had 1x1GB memory haha and it cost £104.56 inc vat which i think is very very good!.. order it and now i am waiting for it to arrive... and hopefully everything will be fine when i install it...

BTW since i bought 1x1GB ram which only use 1 memory slot.. can i leave the 1x256mb (original memory) in the other slot? so i can had 1GB+256MB ram?

46 REPLIES 46
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah I would invesigate, worrying

Eugenepang
Visitor

Right.. can someone tell me what is what.. or there any known spyware or trojan here? :smileygrin:

Thank you

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

LOL, no wonder that you need one gig RAM.:smileygrin: But I can't read much. Make the picture with a bigger resolution. Then we could help you.

Eugenepang
Visitor

LOL, no wonder that you need one gig RAM.:smileygrin: But I can't read much. Make the picture with a bigger resolution. Then we could help you.

seb21__
Visitor

Excuse me, I'm a bit busy at the moment.

But I can give you two links which can help.:smileygrin:

http://castlecops.com

and

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary

TygerTyger
Visitor

Phew. Good list. I'm a bit surprised at how many Vaio Zone programs there are and how much RAM they all use in total. Rather a lot really. And Yahoo Pager now uses 30Mb RAM plus! That's why I stopped using it. Anyway, nothing there looks openly suspicious but without going through the whole lot and looking them up you can't really tell anyway.

Easiest thing to do if you want to free up memory is look at what is running on startup and disable whatever you don't need.

seb21__
Visitor

Apsolutely, there is a lot which you wouldn't need.:smileywink:
Take you a half hour and check all what you need. That's what I would do.

kee-lo_

Eugene

Thats a lot of stuff there !
Some of it looks like rubbish you don't need, like VAIO Zone.... how often do you use the services?

No wonder you need 1GB!

Eugenepang
Visitor

Well actually i didnt know what is what at all.. some i know but there is alot that i had no idea what software its for... anyway.. here is what listed in my startup... i did uncheck the ypager which used to load auto. So did u guys see anything thats need or can be uncheck?

kee-lo_

That looks alright for startup Eugene.