Join now - be part of our community!

YES!!! YES!!!

Eugenepang
Visitor

YES!!! YES!!!

Well a month ago i was thinking about upgrading my vaio A317S memory to 1G.. i check on sony site and yikes.. very ery expensive.. so i check up crucial.. and yes! its alooooot cheaper! 1x512mb is £50.51 inc vat. so i would need 2x512mb which will cost me £101.2 inc vat. which is still alot cheaper than sony.. but then i think again what if i wanted to upgrade to 2G??? hmm so i put it on hold.. untill

Today!.. i check crucial up again and yes they now had 1x1GB memory haha and it cost £104.56 inc vat which i think is very very good!.. order it and now i am waiting for it to arrive... and hopefully everything will be fine when i install it...

BTW since i bought 1x1GB ram which only use 1 memory slot.. can i leave the 1x256mb (original memory) in the other slot? so i can had 1GB+256MB ram?

46 REPLIES 46
Eugenepang
Visitor

yes.. the ram arrive this morning and after i installed it everything seems to be OK.. so far so good no problems at all hehehe..

BTW does it matter if i installed it on slot 1 or 2?.. coz i leave the slot 1 empty and installed it on slot 2..

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

LOL, I would use slot one.

BTW: with Everest Home Edition, you could make a RAM benchmark. It's not really correct but interesting.
And you could see whether your system would be faster with 2x256MB or 1x1GB

Because, I'm not sure whether your board supports Dual-channel. But if I'm think right, then all boards with the new Centrino technology (Sanoma) supports Dual-channel.

Eugenepang
Visitor

hehe but the slot 1 is under the keyboard while slot 2 is at the bottom of the laptop easy access hehehe..

Eugenepang
Visitor

right i had change it to slot 1 hahahha.. anyway i think its run faster now.. and also the starup also abit faster now..

so you means if i install 2x1GB it will run like hell? if dual-channel? :smileygrin:

seb21__
Visitor

Yes I think. But you can try it with Everest.

check it with both the 256MB so-dimms and the wit the 1GB so-dimm.

Eugenepang
Visitor

duh.. not very keen on opening my vaio and pull out push in the ram again hehehe.. affraid might damage it...:smileyblush: but atleast i feel it run faster now.. hahahhaha... maybe will buy another 1GB next time hehehe

seb21__
Visitor

:cool:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Glad it all went well Eugene, whats the usage like now?

Eugenepang
Visitor

well according to everest..
with yahoo messenger, msn messenger, icq, QQ
its 513MB and 492MB free :smileygrin: and i felt that its run alot faster when loading up new programe too :smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Not bad.

I am sure Yahoo! is eating your RAM, I am only currently using 365MB and thats iTunes, Firefox with 3 open tabs and Thunderbird