Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless Driver/Connection Issues

MissyHarley
Visitor

Wireless Driver/Connection Issues

Hello

I never had to use the wireless part of my Vaio until I moved into my new place. My Vaio is a VGN-NR140E. I have updated the driver, clicked to make sure the power save to turn off the wireless is off, and the Vaio Smart Network is clicked to WLAN. The switch on my Vaio shows that I am connected, but when I go to look for the driver it is gone. I have to restart my computer for it to show the driver, then it only works for roughly about 20 mins before disconnecting me from the internet again. This is getting very annoying since all I do on this computer is chat with friends using Trillian,play WoW(Which I do very little now due to this issue), and surf the internet. If anyone can help, it would be great since updating the driver didn't work and I tried all the suggestions that were given to others about making sure the energy/power save feature is off,Smart Network is switched to auto when the wireless switch is turned on. I have disabled the driver, and re-enabled it...uninstalled and reinstalled and the issue is still going. Thank you for reading.

0 REPLIES 0