Join now - be part of our community!

VPCF12Z1E CPU Fan running at 100%

profile.country.en_GB.title
Makrum
Visitor

VPCF12Z1E CPU Fan running at 100%

Vaio laptop that is only 15 months old has developed a hardware fault as confirmed by Sony Technical dept.  the Sensor for CPU fan is faulty thus causing it to operate at 100% continiously which is extremely noisy and is very annoying and I just cannot work with the noise produced

I have emailed continiously to get a response from Sony complaints department having emailed them several times and still no response.  My gripe is over the warranty period offered in the UK (1 yr) for this model against other Eurporean countries where there is a standard 2 year warranty offered.

Having contacted a local Sony authorised centre to obtain a price for repair for a motherboard replacement only will cost me £672.28.  The Laptop was bought for a little over £1000.

I cannot use this laptop due to the noise and refuse to pay the ridicilous cost of a replacement motherboard for a laptop that is relatively new and underused.

I will now bin this laptop and purchase another brand.

Having solely owned 4 vaio laptops to which I still own 3 that is still working, this will be the last time I will buy any sony product. 

Message was edited by: Makrum

Message was edited by: Makrum

3 REPLIES 3
gugabackhand
Visitor

You might want to call the tech support hotline on this and request an "RMA". They should be able to explain you the details on this. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

peshyxp
Visitor

If you laptop is out of warranty dont waste your time and energy with Sony Support but take control of the situation and do the repair work yourself

You should be able to pick up new fan unit on eBay relatively cheaply and fit it yourself

Plent of instructions including videos on Youtube and Google so have a look

Worse comes to worse post back here since if you reside anywhere near Queensway in Central London i can recommend where to get it repaired relatively cheaply

Good luck and keep us posted

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Makrum.

Sorry to hear about your problems.  I did mention your case to someone I know in Sony and they say they have been trying to contact you.

I have sent you a Private Message with contact details to try to sort this out.

Just click on 'Private Messages' at the top of this page.

:thinking: