Anyone know where I can find this driver - please

Mervyn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
daconne1f
Visitor

Hi Mervyn,

The driver is available on the Sony US website. The name of the file is RIDFMC-70159631-32.exe A Google search for this file name will take you to the site. It works perfectly.

Regards,

Dave

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited for personal information

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mervyn,

There are no new Memory Card Read/Write Drivers for Windows 7.

You will need to reinstall the original Vista drivers - you can download the 3 Ricoh memory Card Drivers from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-Z21WN_B

:wink:

daconne1f
Visitor

Hi Mervyn,

The driver is available on the Sony US website. The name of the file is RIDFMC-70159631-32.exe A Google search for this file name will take you to the site. It works perfectly.

Regards,

Dave

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited for personal information

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
tony-sab
Visitor

i downloaded driver yesterday-a warning indicated that driver was for vista not windows 7. i neverthelaess installed it (out of desperation as sony said they could not help) but it failed to work.

flogger12345
Visitor

I think a system restore is also an option here. Hopefully if there's a restoration point made initially when this is working fine. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If Peter's suggestion fails then I would try installing the SD Card drivers which are available for download on the Sony VGN-Z5 series download site here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-Z5/updates

Look in the Preinstalled Drivers section and install ALL THREE drivers for SD, MS and SD CPRM.  These drivers should be compatible as the Z5-Series was released with Windows 7 installed at the factory.

You may also find other Win 7 drivers there of use.

:wink:

PeterGorden
Visitor

Try downloading and installing the driver directly as Windows may be trying to install an incorrect version.

Simply Google for "RIDFMC-70159631-32.exe" and the third result should be the download page.

If that fails to work, try the following...

1. Right-click Computer then Properties
  2. Click Device Manager
  3. Right-click the SD reader slot, then click Uninstall
  4. Restart your computer and Windows should detect and install it

Peter Gorden | Dentist in southampton

profile.country.de_DE.title
manne1000

Hi daconne1f,

I installed the driver you adviced on my VGN-Z21WN_B (Windows 7 ultimate). Unfortionatly it dos't work wheter the installation got well. On the sony webside I looked for the compatibility list. My Notebook wasn't there.

Do you have and idiea?

Thanks and Regards

manne1000