Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-NS21M/S HDD upgrade

profile.country.el_GR.title
tsavman
Visitor

VGN-NS21M/S HDD upgrade

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I own a vaio VGN-NS21M/S and have recently bought a new WD Scorpio HDD for an upgrade.

I have already upgraded the ram from 3 to 4GB, which was a piece of cake, but I can't seem to find where the HDD of the laptop is installed. There is no visible tray on the underside of it, which can give access to the HDD for removal.

Any help will be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
tsavman
Visitor

Anyone?

The new Hard Disk is waiting..

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I have not seen a disassembly guide for your model but Google comes up with this link:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/554781-sony-vaio-vgn-ns20e-hard-disk-location.html

Does that help at all?

profile.country.en_GB.title
peshyxp
Visitor

I believe for this model, which is similar to N Series model, you have to remove the keyboard in order to access the hard drive caddy

HOwever I may be mistaken but based on what you say, that there is no other panel on the underside of the laptop other than the memory cover, this would indicate the hard drive is under the keyboard

Most newer Sony laptops usually have a panel on the left underside which houses the hard drive and caddy

One screw holds the panel in place and three screws have be removed to extract the hard drive caddy

Hope this helps

tsavman
Visitor

Well if the assembly is the same for my model, I have to remove the back cover.

I thought that it would be easier to get access to the HDD, and that I wouldn't have to get in so much trouble.

Anyway, thanks for your response.