Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio fz11s battery only goes to 98%

Kartracer
Visitor

Vaio fz11s battery only goes to 98%

Hello people,

Since a week or two, when I charge my battery, it doesn't go to 100% anymore, it stays at 98% with the AC/DC adaptor connected and there is written: "Battery isn't charging".

What can be the problem, one time ago, it went to 100% without any problems.

Do I have te recalibrate the battery?
How can you do this the best for my vaio fz11s, is there any software for it?

(I have my vaio for 5 months now)

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Dear Kartracer,

Probably you can solve this issue using the Battery Care Function.

This functions works in such a way to obtain the best performance and long life from your battery.

Just follow the steps...

A feel Laptop's showed this issue and we asked for Sony about and the answer was...

The batteries charge at a normal rate until a certain percentage, and then go into some sort of trickle-charge mode (additional percentages may take hours to be added to the total charge). This scheme can be stopped by activating the Battery Care function (see screenshot below), which prevents the battery from loading higher than a pre-defined or user-defined percentage. Above this percentage, the battery will not trickle-charge anymore, it will stop charging and, when connected to the mains, the battery will remain at the level defined in the Battery Care software.

Please, let me know if the solution presented solved the issue. :smileygrin:

Kartracer
Visitor

Thank you very much for your reply :smileygrin:

There is no Battery care function installed on my vaio :smileysad:.
I thought that my battery wasn't working anymore or something like that, but if it is only a vaio process that controls my battery, I don't have to worry about it :smileygrin:

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

You're welcome... :smileygrin: