Join now - be part of our community!

Update Geforce driver VGN-FZ31S

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
robgoodh
New

Update Geforce driver VGN-FZ31S

VGN-FZ31S no longer supported by Sony so no driver updates available. Now using clean installed Windows 7 in place of Vista supplied with laptop. Power DVD 12 will not run Blu-ray disks, states graphics driver "incompatible" although Cyberlink's own BD advisor software shows graphics card to have all neccessary functions. Obtained latest driver for GeForce 8600M GS from NVIDIA but will not load as graphics card not recognised by the installer software. How may I install this NVIDIA updated graphics driver? Sony should supply means to unlock the BIOS from blocking updating drivers once it no longer supports the computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi robgoodh and welcome.

To allow the newer drivers to install, you will need to modify the installer .INF file.

Go to this website: -

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

and start by reading the Quickstart Guide which you wiill find by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and looking on the right - in the 'Frequent Questions' area.

At your own risk,of course, but you can always roll back the driver if you have problems.

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi robgoodh and welcome.

To allow the newer drivers to install, you will need to modify the installer .INF file.

Go to this website: -

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

and start by reading the Quickstart Guide which you wiill find by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and looking on the right - in the 'Frequent Questions' area.

At your own risk,of course, but you can always roll back the driver if you have problems.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
robgoodh
New

Thanks for this advice. It worked. I did have difficulty following the laptopvideo2go instructions. I had to delete  inf file in driver folder before copying bespoke inf file into it. Also had to use install.exe file within driver folder because update driver from device manager failed to accept new drver, stating best driver already installed. But all-in-all excellent result following Blencogo adive, thanks again.