Join now - be part of our community!

T1XP keeps freezing

FranzH
Visitor

T1XP keeps freezing

Hi,
Very recently, well in the past few hours, my vaio keep on freezing up. Im having trouble getting to the desktop because it just freezes while loading can anyone help me try and resolve this please?

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Franz,

Have you installed or attached any new hardware? New Software? Have you made any other changes recently?

You could try restoring your system to a recent Restore Point to see if the problem stops.

:thinking:

FranzH
Visitor

I don't recall installing anything new. Ill give the system restore ago if i can start it up without freezing. Could there be a problem with the Ram?

FranzH
Visitor

Just tried system restore. Still freezes biut it sceems to freeze when either of these happenss:

The laptop is moved
The case is pressed
or just randomly
[edit] and also when i try and move the screen - at this point pink lines appear in random pplaces on the screen, the HDD light stops blinking and the screen freezes/

Starting to think something gone wrong inside... :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Franz,

Certainly sounds like a bad connection somewhere.

You could try re-seating your memory module(s) just in case they have come loose or need the contacts cleaned. HERE is how to get at them.

Good Luck !

:thinking:

FranzH
Visitor

Thanks ill give it a go later hopefully it will work :slight_smile:

FranzH
Visitor

Nothing in the slot under the keyboard :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sorry Franz - you obviously only have one module installed. This is accessed by removing the memory panel from the bottom of your Vaio. (two screws hold it shut)

See Page 101 of your User Manual.

This .PDF file will take a while to download.

:wink:

FranzH
Visitor

Heya,
My laptop dosent have the panel at the bottom as it is te VGN-T series and unfortunatly the pdf shows how to access the module under the keyboard.

FranzH
Visitor

Just turned onlaptop to try and run a virus +spyware scan on it: i got onto the desktop was on for about 4 minutes then a blue screen came up and it shut down :cry: