Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VGN FZ21Z Brightness problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
fraheato
Explorer

Sony VGN FZ21Z Brightness problem

Hello

Wondered whether anyone can help. Just purchased this model with Vista Premium installed and I love it. One small problem - the brightness setting doesn't hold. I have pressed Fn key along with F5 key to lower brightness. Also changed graphics card settings. However, each time notebook turned on I have to lower the settings.

Only a small problem but does anyone know which settings will make settings hold?

Thank you very much for any help.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi blue10,

have you checked your current power plan's advanced settings.?

Right click on the power icon in your system tray and select power options, then change plan settings..

fraheato
Explorer

Hello Thalamus

Thanks very much for your quick reply.

There are several options -
Vaio optimized is ticked (by default)
Then Power Saver, High Performance,
plus several other options.

Which would you go for?

Very grateful for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi blue10,

I use Vaio optimised but your choice may be different depending on your circumstances..

Whichever plan you choose just adjust the screen brightness to your required level, then click save changes.

Hopefully when you restart your Vaio your desired brightness level should be correct.. :slight_smile:

fraheato
Explorer

Hello again

Thanks for information. My settings are at 'Optimized' but I don't see where I can save the settings. The PC still needs brightness decreasing (by pressing Fn & F5) each time I log on.

Any help appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi blue10,

Right click on the power icon in your system tray and select power options.

The power options window should appear.

Under Vaio Optimised, you should have Change Plan Settings, click on the words Change Plan Settings

A Change settings for the plan: Vaio Optimised should appear.

You should see two columns Battery or AC power,to reduce the brightness move the Adjust brightness slider to the left under either battery or AC power.

Then click Save changes.

Hopefully when you restart your Vaio the brightness should be at your required level.. :slight_smile:

fraheato
Explorer

Thanks very much Thalamus. With your help I have adjusted the settings and next time I log on PC the problem will hopefully be corrected.

Really appreciate your help.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: You're welcome blue10.. :slight_smile:

fraheato
Explorer

Hello Thalamus

Your solution definitely worked, the settings are now saved.

Very much appreciate your help