Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VPCF11M1E/H w/o recovery partion, need recovery disk

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
dpermin
Visitor

Sony Vaio VPCF11M1E/H w/o recovery partion, need recovery disk

Dear forumites,

I have a VPCF11M1E/H and it crashed a few months ago and i re-installed it but after a while I had a lot of problems again and I was tired of all the ..... software preinstalled and not 100% gone after uninstall so I decided to take a fresh Win 7 CD and format the whole disk and well.. half way through the install something happend and now I can not do anything. I have tried browsing Sonys webpage at least for 1 hour now but no where do I find where I can order a recovery disk for my Vaio. I want it back to normal so that I can sell it asap. Anyone knows where I order this? I have tried Sony Support.. I have emailed them twice without answer and calling them is not an option as I am about 8000km away from my home country at the moment..

thank you in advance,

Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Dennis,

If your Vaio is no longer within warranty, the only way you can get replacement Recovery Discs is by contacting Vaio Support on the premium telephone line. Email support is no longer available to you.  This is 0905 0310006 from the UK but if you tell us where you are now, we will try to find a way forward.

Are you sure you formatted the whole drive or was it just the C:\drive?

When you turn the Vaio on, do you see the Vaio Logo splash screen?  If yes, try tapping F10 when you first see the screen.  If the hidden recovery partition is still there, the recovery should start.  Choose Full Complete Recovery and skip the next two screens.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Dennis,

If your Vaio is no longer within warranty, the only way you can get replacement Recovery Discs is by contacting Vaio Support on the premium telephone line. Email support is no longer available to you.  This is 0905 0310006 from the UK but if you tell us where you are now, we will try to find a way forward.

Are you sure you formatted the whole drive or was it just the C:\drive?

When you turn the Vaio on, do you see the Vaio Logo splash screen?  If yes, try tapping F10 when you first see the screen.  If the hidden recovery partition is still there, the recovery should start.  Choose Full Complete Recovery and skip the next two screens.

:thinking:

profile.country.sv_SE.title
dpermin
Visitor

Hello Blencogo,

Thank you for your answer!

My Vaio should be within warranty but I want a recovery disk anyway :slight_smile: I am currently living in Thailand but only for 3 more weeks then I am going back home (Sweden) and I guess that a friend or a family member can call and order a CD for me.

And yes, I am sure that I did format the whole disk and not only C: .. And I do not see a Vaio logo no more.. Big mistake!

Thanks again for your help,

Dennis

bitrons01
New

Hola tengo el mismo problema perdi el sistema origianl de fabrica de este mismo modelo necesito el recovery de esta lapto algien me puede ayudar bitrons0@gmail.com gracias