Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Delivery Date Con!

profile.country.en_GB.title
dencyp
Visitor

Sony Delivery Date Con!

Hi,

I'm a very dissatisfied customer that has made the mistake of ordering a custom laptop through Sony web site.

I've ordered a Sony Vaio laptop and at the final screen before payment, where I chose the shipping type, It was stated that Sony aims to ship my order within a week. Even if I assumed the worse and doubled the estimate , it would still be 2 weeks which I was willing to accept, so I made the order.

After ordering, I received an email stating that it would be shipped to European logistics centre in 3 weeks of my order date, and from then it will take some time for the item to be delivered to UK and from then on some time to get delivered within the UK. Recently I received an email that states that even this unreasonable dispatch date was delayed by 3 days.

I have called Sony customer services and was on the phone for and waited many minutes and no one answered.

I'm totally disgruntled and shocked that a world famous brand such as Sony has this sort of terrible logistics and unrealistic delivery estimates.

I'm expecting a swift reply and compensation from Sony. It seems so far for UK users,the Sony Web site is definitely a place to stay away as a simple thing as switching between DVD and Blue Ray player will mean that your laptop will arrive in 1 month, or more.

Regards,

dencyp

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

dencyp wrote:

Hi,

I'm a very dissatisfied customer that has made the mistake of ordering a custom laptop through Sony web site.

I've ordered a Sony Vaio laptop and at the final screen before payment, where I chose the shipping type, It was stated that Sony aims to ship my order within a week. Even if I assumed the worse and doubled the estimate , it would still be 2 weeks which I was willing to accept, so I made the order.

After ordering, I received an email stating that it would be shipped to European logistics centre in 3 weeks of my order date, and from then it will take some time for the item to be delivered to UK and from then on some time to get delivered within the UK. Recently I received an email that states that even this unreasonable dispatch date was delayed by 3 days.

I have called Sony customer services and was on the phone for and waited many minutes and no one answered.

I'm totally disgruntled and shocked that a world famous brand such as Sony has this sort of terrible logistics and unrealistic delivery estimates.

I'm expecting a swift reply and compensation from Sony. It seems so far for UK users,the Sony Web site is definitely a place to stay away as a simple thing as switching between DVD and Blue Ray player will mean that your laptop will arrive in 1 month, or more.

Regards,

dencyp

Hi dencyp,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Which Configurable Vaio model have you chosen because when I check the Sony store site & look at Vaio Series configurable models when I click on configure they all have stated at least a minimum of 2 -3 weeks..

Series C, E, S & Z show 2-3 weeks, the only exception was the F series that states 3-4 weeks..

See examples below..

C series.JPGS series.JPG

dencyp
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks for the reply.

It is a Series S custom laptop. I don't remember having seen 2-3 weeks there, but even if I did, what made me make up my mind to go ahead with the purchase was the final screen where under Standard delivery it says "We aim to deliver within 1 week".

Please find attached the image where the final confirmation screen is shown for a Sony Vaio S series sample laptop. No where in this final page does it mention 1 month or more. And the delay message in my attached screen was not there when I made my order 4 days ago.

Regards,

dencyp

Message was edited by: dencyp

Message was edited by: dencyp

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

dencyp wrote:

No where in this final page does it mention 1 month or more.

It states quite clearly on that final page that this configured model usually ships within 3 to 4 weeks and that they aim to deliver within 1 week (once built to your requirements).

I can’t quite understand what the problem is.

RichUntitled.jpg

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

dencyp,

To clarify, just in case there is any confusion, I don’t work for Sony. I am just another user like you and was noting my own observations.

I personally don’t find the information given on that final page confusing – you obviously do, and in fairness there have been a couple of other posts along the same lines.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
dencyp
Visitor

Rich,

Thanks for your reply.

The order screen is not clear because:

• There is conflicting information. While in the "Shipping" section "We aim to deliver within 1 week" is stated, in previous screens and above it states "Usually ships in 3-4 weeks"
  • How would a customer distinguish between the two "Shipping" estimates? I am not an employee of Sony and I never assumed that a mere switch between BlueRay player and DVD player would require a shipment from somewhere (Japan? China?) which would in turn reach Europe, and then would reach the UK and following all this journey would be dispatched to me and only the last step's duration is stated under the "Shipping" section. The first step's duration is not explicitly stated, and in fact there is no mention of steps 1(production),2(shipment to Europe) and 3(Shipment to UK) until you make an order.
  • The shipment information in this case is misleading, because the wording "We aim to deliver within 1 week" in this case possibly refers to the delivery time from when the laptop reaches the UK warehouse.

I needed to be explicitly informed that the Shipping section is useless or merely refers to the shipping of the item within the UK and one must take into account a comple combination of the other "Shipping" section and the below one when making a purchase based on the estimate.

I'm appalled by the level of customer service! You're still not empathizing with the customer and claiming that an obviously misleading text is completely normal. What I thought at the last screen was that, the shipment section contains the most up to date information regarding delivery and the product would be delivered in 1 week. I also then took into account other parts of the web site where 2-3 weeks was stated and came to a conclusion that the delivery would in the worst case be in 2-3 weeks in the worst case, which was the largest figure on the page.

You need to clearly state an overall delivery estimate that includes the time required from the factory to  the customer's premise.

Regards,

dencyp