Join now - be part of our community!

Operating System not found - help?

profile.country.en_GB.title
huglazar
Visitor

Operating System not found - help?

I have a Vaio VGN-AR71ZU running windows vista.

It was fine, then internet explorer just hung. Vaio became unresponsive. After waiting an hour for anything to happen, I pressed the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down.

I waited a minute and started it up, but now get a black screen with "Operating System not found".

Repeatedly pressing F8 to get tot windows safe mode does not work

Repeatedly pressing F10 to get to recovery screen does not work

I do not have Vista discs as the Vaio came preloaded.

I do not have a boot disc.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can download to an external hard drive to help me start up?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.fr_FR.title
pologolf
Visitor

Hello i have the same problem with the same model of computer,it happened also end of february,so one day i got a message that one of the drive was failing,but i still was able to use it after it will restart on its own and run checkdesk

then one day checkdesk was only able to go til 30 % and stop

then i got the same message

OS NOT FOUND

but i still see both drives in the BIOS

i tried using vista repair disc or one ubuntu version and some sector errors shows

do you have an idea of what i can try?

aqdash
Visitor

I also had this same problem but after alot of hustle i managed to escape from it by disabling the RAID drives but now i again want to enable RAID drives and get my system set to function fully as it was ment to. so please  HELP to set up my system. As i have enabled my RAID drives it is giving me this error "Operating System not found" what should i do?

- Do i need to set RAID in a particular manner to make it work with operating system?

Please Help

passwordreset
Explorer

I turned on my laptop today and it randomly said operating system not found i turned it of turned it back on and pressed the f10 key i tried to reboot it and that wont work. At last, it was Windows Boot Genius helped me fix problem!