Join now - be part of our community!

[New Sony Vaio Pro] Wifi Issue! UK

profile.country.en_GB.title
jitshah58
Explorer

[New Sony Vaio Pro] Wifi Issue! UK

Anyone else having Wifi issues with Sony Vaio Pro/Duo?? 

the laptop works fine in a range of 15 feet around the router.

But when I cross that range, the wifi download & upload speed falls dramatically: download goes from ~30Mbps to 0.2Mbps!

This issue is clearly related to the Vaio Pro as the other computers in my household do not experience such issues.

3 REPLIES 3

I have had the same issue, when i called for support they couldnt provide a solution so told  me i can either return the product or have a replacement. I will probably return it as the issue seems to be inherent with the production of the laptop.

Not happy with Sony. Very dissapointed after spending a considerable amount on a premium product. I will Probably look at other ultrabooks like the aspire s7, or lenovo yoga.

Seems to be a big issue across all sony pro products (in the UK and the US). Possible product recall could take place as it is a hardware issue (it seems) but I am not waiting for my 30day return policy to run out.

Big shame as the laptop is overall a good product. SORT IT OUT SONY!!! U shouldnt ship faulty goods.

TomWren
New

I agree with what you've said, SONY really need to sort this out! I know when I buy sony I'm paying a premium for the name which I'm happy to do as I know (or expect) it gives me some guarentee. I bought my Sony Pro this week having read good reviews but missed the wifi issue you mention here. What a joke! It seems this has affected so many laptops out there and somehow sony refuse to do anything about it - seriously sony, sort it out!

Antti111
Explorer

I bought my VAIO PRO 2 days a go and now after all updates found out that WiFi does not work if you move couple feet from the WiFi AP.  I tried all tricks I found from internet but nothing works. I have no use of I really hope I get my money back.