Join now - be part of our community!

New Multiflip

HardDriver

New Multiflip

Hi,

Got mine ordered on the 8th October - anyone got there's yet?

Can't wait....

HDD

73 REPLIES 73
harida5a
Explorer

I received my VIAO from service... - now it works even slower 0.58 GHz - max speed 😕 what a ***** !

sitikkamies
Explorer

I buy Linksys WAP300N wireless access Point to extend my wireless network at my home. Now my Flip (SVF13N1C5E) works perfectly. Access Point is now very near maximum 3 meters.

But as I mentioned before. My Flip has very big trouble at weaker Wi-Fi. I have used different devices at my home Wi-Fi at same room. Even my Sony STR-DN1040 works in wireless network without any problems. But Flip not. I was on journey at last week. Weak Wi-Fi bothered me there. My friends laptops and my mobilephone works on free Wi-Fi. Flip found Wi-Fi and connected (showed one or two bars), but even it is connected no pages opened at all. Or very very slowly. It was real pain. When moved to another place and get better signal everything is fine. 

Now I have 100% Wi-Fi -signal on my living room and Flip works everywhere my home very nice. So this problem is mostly solved to me. I just updated Bios to R0220VA. Maybe fan is now a little quieter. 

Fan and weak Wi-Fi are only complaints I have. This computer is very nice. I like it more every day. And I noticed I use more touch screen. This is very handy in tablet-mode. On my trip I tried camera too. It looks a little funny when using it, but results are good. I take pictures from a few documents too. Those are very good. 

Flip interested many people. And everybody likes it. I must show many times how to flip the screen:smileyhappy: It gets "wow"-effect every time. Only, when I told price, they are not so excited. 

Simon120182
Explorer

I echo everyone else who has recieved theirs. Its awesome! but there are a few major issues (particularly the last one):

1: Touch Screen stops working after a few minutes of awake time.

Current Fix: Turn it to 'Sleep' mode for a minute or so then open back up again.

2: Wifi cant connect to my (4 month old) BT Home hub

Current fix: none. Has anyone else had this and found a fix!? It does connect ok to other Wifi's so maybe its a missmatched setting?

3: Won't power on.

Current Fix: None. As of last night when i tried to turn it on i get nothing. I called support and spoke to M. Sebaei (who was rude and impatient). We tried all over-the-phone options but still didn't power on. Now someone is coming tomorrow to pick it up and repair it. I'll let you all know what the cause was so maybe you can try to avoid it/prepare for it.

** update for 3 - recieved it back after repair. From what i can tell all they did was hold the battery reset button for 10 seconds (something i did while they were on the phone but it didn't work). So nothing illuminating. But at least it wasn't a catasrophic failure and all my files are ok.

grasmusb
Explorer

Mine suddenly wouldn't turn on either - 12 days after I received the laptop. I put it into sleep mode and next thing I know is that it wouldn't turn on. I had problems with the touch screen now and then as well. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Now I apparently have to wait three weeks for a replacement order. I'm sick of how Sony is handling their customers.