Join now - be part of our community!

Multiflip Touchscreen issues

SOLVED
Simon120182
Explorer

Multiflip Touchscreen issues

I'm starting a new thread because searching for this in the other (long) thread is impossible in this forum.

I have an SVF15N1C5E. Currently running windows 8 with bios update BIOS Update - R0230DD. After 1 to 10 minutes of use the touchscreen becomes inactive and i have to use the touchpad.

The current advice that i can find is to make the bios update (above). But that didnt work and i can't find anything else. So for me its back to putting it in 'sleep' mode for a minute then waking it up.

Does anyone else have a fix?

Thanks guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Simon.

BIOS Update R0220DD was meant to fix this issue and in addition R0230DD was intended to add additional fan speed quietening features.

If you still have the problem, I think you should contact Vaio Support and see if they can help as you may have a different problem. I'm not sure but I thought the original problem was after upgrading to Windows 8.1.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Simon.

BIOS Update R0220DD was meant to fix this issue and in addition R0230DD was intended to add additional fan speed quietening features.

If you still have the problem, I think you should contact Vaio Support and see if they can help as you may have a different problem. I'm not sure but I thought the original problem was after upgrading to Windows 8.1.

:thinking:

Simon120182
Explorer

thanks for your responce. i dont know if i've installed the r0220dd update. would that have been included in the r0230dd one? i assumed it was part of it but i could be mistaken?

i'll call support anyway. thanks for your help!

p.s. my fan noise is fine. can barely hear it most of the time :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Simon.

I think 0220 is included in the newer 0230.

Let us know how you get on.

:wink: