Join now - be part of our community!

Headphones not working

BeSharp
Visitor

Headphones not working

Successfully clean installed Win Vista Ultimate to my brand new Vaio VGN AR61ZU. Everything works brilliantly except the headphone jacks.

If I plug in a headphone (which is confirmed working with an ipod touch 🙂 ), nothing happens. The built-in speakers simply continue to play back audio. No options in the mixer.

Any idea? Special drivers required?

2 REPLIES 2
carloscerros
Visitor

Hi BeSharp,

If you insert headphones into headphone jack of the unit => sound from inbuilt speakers does not switch to headphones and inbuilt speakers continue with sound?

Can you try with different headphones other then used with your iPod & see what happens?

davemee
Visitor

Hello Be#

I had this problem reinstalling an AR31. You need to go to "my computer", right-click a blank area, pick "properties", click "device manager" on the left, then open "Sound, video and game controllers" and right-click "SigmaTel High Def Audio Codec". Pick "uninstall", and in the next window, tick the "Delete the driver software for this device".

After you have done this, reinstall the latest drivers, which you carefully downloaded when you read this whole mail before starting.

I had the exact same problem as you, and this fixed it (Sony recommended this route, and it's important that you "Delete tht driver software" for the device or the same drivers with the same issue are reinstalled.

HTH!