Join now - be part of our community!

Driver Updates ???

profile.country.en_GB.title
trmante74
Visitor

Driver Updates ???

Sony Z series laptop

When will Sony publish updated drives for my/our laptops?

I have the latest 'Sony, check for updates' app on my laptop but it seems (after some checking) that I have the lastest that Sony have published but these are quite out of date.

For Example: I am aware the WIFI/Lan driver from Sony is version 12x but latest from Intel is 13.1.1.1

Same for the Intel & Nvidia Screen drivers that are way out of date from current.

Is there any intention to update or we on our own,

Cheers,.
T

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Historically, Sony have only updated drivers when absolutely necessary to maintain performance or to correct a problem. They have not updated drivers just to have the latest version.

A quick look shows that about a hundred new versions of the nVidia Vista 32-bit driver have been produced since the Z-Series was released in August 2008.

If you want to have the latest drivers, unless there is a change of policy, I'm afraid you are on your own.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
trmante74
Visitor

Historically, Sony have only updated drivers when absolutely necessary to maintain performance or to correct a problem.  They have not updated drivers just to have the latest version.

A quick look shows that about a hundred new versions of the nVidia Vista 32-bit driver have been produced since the Z-Series was released in August 2008.

If you want to have the latest drivers, unless there is a change of policy, I'm afraid you are on your own.

:slight_frown:

Hi,
Thanks for the update - I was thinking about a new Sony but will maybe now reconsider if the after sales attitude is to ignore updates.

I would look to install updates direct from nVidia etc; but their site informs me the driver is custom & might cause problems...

Furthermore, I did update the WLAN & now the Sony 'updater' keeps prompting me to update to the former version (as published on their site).

Looks like I will need to think some more on this.

Cheers,
T