Join now - be part of our community!

BluRay disc...

helloimgeoff1
Visitor

BluRay disc...

I have a few BluRay discs, which most work perfectly on my AR51SU. I have Resident Evil: Extinction which is putting up a fight though. When I put it in my VAIO it crashes WinDVD, before it does anything else. So I took the disc back to the store presuming that it was a fault with the disc, I got a new copy of it, which to my suprise did exactly the same thing. Just wanting to know if any of you have had similar experience with BluRay discs not working in your VAIO like this.

Thanks, Geoff.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Geoff

have you installed the latest InterVideo WinDVD BD 8.0.8.425 update.?

If not then use either the VAIO Update Utility: double click on the Vaio Update icon in your system tray and follow the instructions.

Or

Use the following link to download the update: InterVideo WinDVD BD 8.0.8.425

squashme
Visitor

Blu-ray discs have that effect on windvd for vaio just wait for it to respond and it will be fine. my BD's do the same

helloimgeoff1
Visitor

Blu-ray discs have that effect on windvd for vaio just wait for it to respond and it will be fine. my BD's do the same

I tried waiting, at the end of the wait the application cuts out with Windows terminating the application as it's stopped responding.

have you installed the latest InterVideo WinDVD BD 8.0.8.425 update.?

"Version:
8.0 DXVA B08.425"

Take that as a yes.

Any other ideas?

carloscerros
Visitor

Hi helloimgeoff1,

If you noticed issue from 1st attempt reading BD, it might WinDVD corrupted from 1st day and updates never corrects issue => as there is no way to reinstall WinDVD from VAIO Recovery Utility by choosing this application, try FULL RECOVERY from RDVD's or from hidden partition ...

Good luck

helloimgeoff1
Visitor

I was feeling that this would be a recommended way of solving the problem. What I'm going to do is look around at other BluRay playing applications, if I find one that works well then I'll just buy that. I don't want to have the hassle of having to use system restore, or reformat machine each time the application plays up.

Thanks anyway, Geoff.

Edit:

I just downloaded TotalMedia Theatre trial and it works perfectly for the BD that wasn't working before. Although the SONY light below the screen on my AR51SU, is it possible to get other applications to work with that light as well? I don't want that light on all the time when I'm watching films.

Thanks, Geoff.

Irene-plecofan
Visitor

I was going to suggest trying the disc on a mates computer , plus checking region code etc.
but you seem to have made progress. I dont have same model of notebok as you, so dont know what theis 'light' is you refer to, sorry.

helloimgeoff1
Visitor

On the AR series notebooks, the "SONY" under the screen is a light, which lights up when you switch on the notebook, and goes off during films played with WinDVD and Windows Media Player - I want to expand this horizon and get it working the same with what ever application I end up using for playing BluRay DVD's on my VAIO.