Join now - be part of our community!

AR61ZU (1920x1200,Everythings to small !),but amazing qualty...

greekisland
Visitor

AR61ZU (1920x1200,Everythings to small !),but amazing qualty...

Well,after enjoying my new AR61ZU for some days,I'm really needing to up the font size without downscaling.I've used the windows dpi enlarger,(from default 96 to 120),everything's easier to read but many pop-up boxes that can't maximize or drag to enlarge just don't show all the info,or possible next,accept,decline buttons that I need to press.
I am so happy with the screen quality,it's nothing short of amazing,but I need to find some kind of middle ground......Any ideas ?

1 REPLY 1
DanyM
Visitor

I agree that the "large font" option (or dpi setting) still (after how many years) is useless - if you can find the classic dialog for screen "appearance" (like in XP, its still there in Vista but a little tricky to find) then there should be a button there (maybe called "Advanced"). This displays another dialog. This has a preview area that is similar to the former one and one is supposed to click on that. Instead go through *all* the objects in the first list. Some of them have a font setting. Increase the font size. Experiment. Pull up your favourite software and snoop around to see if each product has font settings of their own. I haven't tried (and dont know much) but remember that software called TweakUI or similar used to be popular. That might help but I suspect it does more bad things to your system. Vista should have "themes" and there are third-party "themes" and "theme managers" that might improve things.

You can also explore the "accessibility" utilities. There are "magnifying glass" kind of utilities in windows and lots of software from other vendors. Try googling for "accessibility" in the sens of making machines (and windows) more accessible to handicapped people.

HTH,

/Dany