Join now - be part of our community!

Using the receiver for Bravia sound

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pcand01
Visitor

Using the receiver for Bravia sound

Hi,

Everything OK except something I do not know how to do. When I watch Internet content from the Bravia, How can I get the sound to pass through the receiver? Right now I have to re-activate the tv speakers.

Here is the setting. Bravia 46HX909, Receiver Pioneer VSX520, BlueRay LG  BD590, set top box Scientific Atlanta 4240HDC.BD and settop connected  to Receiver via HDMI, Receiver connected to Bravia via HDMI. These HDMI  are the Ultra 1000. Bravia wired connected to internet. Bravia firmware updated 2 weeks ago.

I can sure use the BD for Intenet content but there are a few things that are available only from the TV. i.e. Amazon and kriocity.

Is this something revolving around ARC?

Thanks, Phil.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi Phil,

cant say much for the ARC on these devices however you should be able to connect for sound using a digital optical cable from your Bravia to your Amp.

this was the only way i did it once from a Pioneer plasma to a Sony reciever.

hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi Phil,

cant say much for the ARC on these devices however you should be able to connect for sound using a digital optical cable from your Bravia to your Amp.

this was the only way i did it once from a Pioneer plasma to a Sony reciever.

hope that helps.

pcand01
Visitor

Thanks, yes it does work this way. My next challenge is to program my harmony remote to switch the receiver to the CDR/Tape input when I use this mode. This is another story.

Thanks

Bravia55HX

Hi,

glad to help, as for the Harmony thats definately another story!!

good luck.