Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-24EX320 (or any 2011 model) - AVI settings

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Piebe101
Visitor

KDL-24EX320 (or any 2011 model) - AVI settings

Hello,

I am looking for the right settings to create an avi/mpg or any video file ! As the TV is not able to play MKV files from an USB stick I want to convert them by using Xilisoft HD Video Converter (I prefer this program as it supports ATI STREAM to convert files by using the computing power of the graphic card).

I am running into problems with the right settings of the different parameters. I prefer to use the highest resolution possible (and highest bitrate possible).

Tried so far  :

XVID, DIVX (tv is registered), MPEG, H264

720x480, 720x576, 640x480

Does anybody have an advice for the settings of the output file ? I read on the forum "Sony is one of the few  that has an issue with a non-zero wBitsPerSample value in the MP3 audio format structure". Could this be a problem with my created files ?

Regards,
Piebe

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello,

MP3 is an audio file while Xvid and Divx are video file, so  non-zero wBitsPerSample is a story arround mp3 only and nobody confirm it is the reason or not.

Divx SD (standard Definition) is recommended by Sony for usb play

By the way, you can play mkv file directly from a DLNA connection without the need for file conversion by using Serviio software which has built in codec for mkv

Regards

Message was edited by: KDL-CX520

Message was edited by: KDL-CX520