Join now - be part of our community!

After Root Warranty void

SOLVED
Kin_chavda
Visitor

After Root Warranty void

Hy, i have Xperia M dual, I need to root my phone for the gaming purpose i dont change in firmware and bootloader so my warranty is void or to be continue. if i remove some pre-loaded apps then? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

if you root your phone you could void your warranty, same goes for the bootloader, you could void your warranty, know that if you do unlock the bootloader you will lose the DRM keys and other features might not work 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

if you root your phone you could void your warranty, same goes for the bootloader, you could void your warranty, know that if you do unlock the bootloader you will lose the DRM keys and other features might not work 

Kin_chavda
Visitor

but i need to play more then 1 GB game and Xperia™ M dual dont have more internal space.  how can i play ?

Kin_chavda
Visitor

If you are fully aware of the risks involved, and have a deep knowledge about these technologies, continue to the unlock boot loader instructions page.You should be aware that unlocking the boot loader will not give you root access. The only way to get root access is to flash a custom ROM with root access.

http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
Kin_chavda
Visitor

Thanks, but using this article i root my phone and i save my warranty ?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

its better not to unlock the bootloader. again there's always a risk 

Kin_chavda
Visitor

i know there is much risk but need only clarification about warranty void issues .

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Abi3425
Visitor

Hey @Kin_chavda,
I had also that problem, you can see my question "will unroot get my warranty back?" ,
Root can void you warranty but not permanent,
You can use software repair via pc companion and your warranty will be back. But unlocking your bootloader can void your warranty and can not be continue..