Join now - be part of our community!

UBP-X800 hard lockups in Netflix

jimbof
New

UBP-X800 hard lockups in Netflix

I am pretty sure the Netflix lockup issue relates to certain content combined with non-HDCP2 and non-4K TVs.  It is a full hard lockup which can only be fixed by removing the AC power.

Can anyone with a Netflix UHD sub test playing back the end of Netflix Luke Cage Episode 7 on a non-HDCP2 1080p TV? You need to play a bit of the video full screen (where he takes the bullet to the gut) and let it play out to the credits. At this point, when the credits switch to being a small window in the corner of the screen, the video in the small window disappears and the player will lock up at the end of the timer or when you play the next item.

I can reproduce the lockup at will with my player hooked up direct to an LG 1080p TV with Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. If I use the HDFury Linker with a 4K EDID it works OK (Linker has an HDCP2 sink). If I put a 1080p EDID in the Linker it fails the same.

I'd be grateful to anyone who can help

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I cannot test this im afraid as I dont have a Netflix subscription and have a 4K TV.  However reading back what you wrote, unless someone has a couple of TVs at home, its unlikely that they will have the UHD Netflix package and a 1080p TV ?

Have you tried contacting Netflix support about this?

As this issue is also affecting the operation of the UBP-X800 - i.e. total system lockup, I can escalate this thread to Sony Support for them to have a look at, if you wish?  Let me know anyhow.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @jimbof and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

We have just had some information back from technical support that they have found the cause

and they are testing a firmware fix which Sony hopes to release soon.

They thank any members experiencing this for their patience :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
chjohns1481
Explorer

I'm also experiencing lock-ups. I'm playing a Bluray and when I hit stop and try and turn the player off it locks up and I have to pull power to get it back up? When is the fix expected?