Join now - be part of our community!

Sony CT380 Issues

profile.country.GB.title
AstraRob
New

Sony CT380 Issues

Good morning. I purchased a Sony CT380 sound bar in 2016. It is not quite 2 years old yet but is starting to have issues. It started with a HDMI cable failing that was being used as an ARC between my Bravia and the sound bar. I purchased a new cable (not a cheap one) and within a week this one has stopped working also. I have tested both cables between my virgin media box and tv aswell to confirm they are not longer working. Then I realised on new cable number 3 that the ARC is not working correctly. It will switch on the sound bar with the TV as normal and work completely fine but will not shut down with the TV leaving it on while we are out at work or overnight. 1. Is this an issue with the sound bar? 2. Could the HDMI cables life span be reduced if the sound bar it's connected to is on for long periods of time?

Any help with this would be much appreciated 

Kind regards

Rob

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I haven't come across a HDMI cable that stopped working because the device it was connected to had an issue.

Are the replacement cables from the same brand? I'd recommend trying to use an older HDMI cable that you had for a while and know to be working well to connect the soundbar to see what happens, if it stops working as well then I would need to look into this in more detail. 

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc