Join now - be part of our community!

XDR-DS16iP connecting 4th generation ipod touch - it charges but sound doesnt come through D/S

profile.country.en_GB.title
Hells8ells
Visitor

XDR-DS16iP connecting 4th generation ipod touch - it charges but sound doesnt come through D/S

Help,

Bought as a present for my pop music savvy daughter, we can get everything else working with the ipod connected such as charging but in play the sound doesnt come through the docking station.

We have tried removing and replacing ipod and slightly wiggling it, but dont fancy the loosening of the port by doing this. Any other ideas,

Should we try to find some compatibilty software?

Oh Merry Christmas

Hells

6 REPLIES 6
coffee1976
Visitor

hello.! i have the same problem! bouth this model yesterday everything working , my iphone 4 charging too but no sound with iphone only dab radio...

wanted to take it back to the shop but my friends iphone works fine with that!!! and we have the same iphone 4 and up to date...looking on the web to find out the answer for my problem...

coffee1976
Visitor

have you resolved the problem? as i have exactly the same with my iphone and bought the doct sony yesterday ;-(

charlieservis
Visitor

Same problem. My iPhone 4s which is fully up to date with all software charges but won't play music. Also doesn't work my iPod classic but the dock does work for my old iphone - 3G. Also, plays DAB fine and has worked twice for my iPhone 4s but not sure what I did to make it work - if anything. My iPhone 4s continually flashes in the dock when locked, and if unlocked keeps displaying the message 'this accessory is not supported by iPhone'. Any solutions?

Thanks

AdamSnell
Visitor

Has anyone resolved this yet? I have the exact same problem as described above by charlieservis...

Thanks.

I have a problem with the same model dream machine. Everything lights up, stations tune in on FM and DAB, alarms work, clock works, iPhone charges but no sound at all from the speakers. Not even a hum, even when at full volume. Any ideas. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Guys, the device isn't comaptible with the 4th gen, check the Manual: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4461/44614091M.pdf