Join now - be part of our community!

Using the S-Centre OUtput

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

Using the S-Centre OUtput

Will soon be purchasing the TA-AN1000 receiver. Would like to try out the sound to the tv using s-centre output.

my tv is the 75x95j. was wondering what cable do i need. I know connections are banana plugs but unsure of diameter. cannot find info anywhere.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

If the correct model number of your TV is the XR-75X95J then you use the S Center synch output on the AV amp and the TVs S center synch input using a mini jack cable of suitable length for your set up, how far away is your amp going from the AV to the TV make sure length has a bit of give length wise so the connections are not strained.

So I think a 3.5mm mini jack cable connection is correct, but as you say Sony don't make looking this up easy.

Where are you buying the AV from, ask them to confirm.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

TV Center Speaker Mode is only for OLED TV's...

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

Hi

Thanks for reply, but the tv supports acoustic center sync as it has an S-Center input and the amp has an S-Center output.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

X95J?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

You're right, forgive me, tough day today, in this case you need a 3.5mm Jack <> 3.5mm Jack cable...
It's S-Center Speaker.
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

If the correct model number of your TV is the XR-75X95J then you use the S Center synch output on the AV amp and the TVs S center synch input using a mini jack cable of suitable length for your set up, how far away is your amp going from the AV to the TV make sure length has a bit of give length wise so the connections are not strained.

So I think a 3.5mm mini jack cable connection is correct, but as you say Sony don't make looking this up easy.

Where are you buying the AV from, ask them to confirm.

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

thank you both for your replies. yes, xr-75x95l. it was the 3.5mm mini audio jack info I was looking for.

Normally buy from Richer Sounds, so will ask them. In the manual, shows how to connect amp to tv using a cable, 

but not what type or size of cable. I may not be correct but I think some plugs can be 4mm.