Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-40S30 2008 won't recognise AV bird box spy camera input

profile.country.GB.title
DAVIDCUN
New

Sony Bravia KDL-40S30 2008 won't recognise AV bird box spy camera input

HI, my AV cable white/yellow (with red to power source) worked on my previous Sony Bravia but not on this one, where AV3 comes up with SMART at the bottom. I have tried position E, I and B as in page 16 of the manual. Position B white/yellow worked on my last Sony Bravia. 

I have also purchased a new AV cable to make sure it wasn't that. I also purchased a mini av2 to hdmi and tried this in the back position E and C. No good. Can anyone suggest anything that may help us see inside the bird box?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi David, and welcome to the community. 

I'm passing your query on to the team and someone will get back to you soon.

Thanks, 

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
DAVIDCUN
New

Thanks for doing this. No solutions as yet. Is it in the correct forum?

regards

Jan

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi David,

Have you tried any other external devices that use a similar connection to make sure that the TV doesn't have any issues?

I would also suggest trying to reset the TV to factory settings. 

I know this may seem silly but have you made sure that you select the correct input on the TV according to the port you use?

If you could let me how you get on?

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
DAVIDCUN
New

I don't actually have any similar devices.

if I factory reset will I still be able to receive my talk talk box?

I select AV3 when plugged in.

Can I just restate that my yellow and white plugs go to corresponding holes and my red plug goes to a power source.

Sorry to be such a girl! (A middle aged one)

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again David,

Can you take a picture of that cable and post it here?

In answer to your question, a factory reset shouldn't affect your external devices so your talk talk box should be fine.

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
DAVIDCUN
New

Top pic joins camera, below pic joins tv. Yellow and white plug into tv side, red leads to power source  and powers camera. All worked fine on older Sony tv on AV3. Is a factory reset as on page 6 of manual auto tuning?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi David, 

I've just heard back from the relevant team about this, who say they are investigating your case and will get back to you soon with an update.

Thanks, 

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi David, 

Unfortunately, Sony can't guarantee the functionality of this sort of device and connection.

Thanks, 

Pascale