Join now - be part of our community!

Product Registration

Mofazul
New

Product Registration

I am finding it difficult to register a product I purchased from Currys a Sony Wireless Headphone. I can insert the product number but nothing else.

Is the website going through an overhaul. If someone can help out let me know.

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
oakydoke
Explorer

The problem appears to be that the product model numbers that the registration system recognises, are out of date.

The list of TV's that can be registered, does not include most of the current 2017 range.

profile.country.GB.title
oakydoke
Explorer

I've also had the same issue trying to register a TV.

The system doesn't recognise the model I have (KD-49XE9005) and that is a standard model number across all retailers and is listed on the SONY UK website.

Looking at the available model numbers that the registration system recognises, it appears that many of the current main range 2017 TV's are not listed.

Somebody has not been keeping the system updated, as it appears to be way out of date in this respect.

How are customers supposed to register their new purchases, if the system does not allow it?

profile.country.GB.title
borderblue
Explorer

Hi 

I too,  are having problems registering my camera

Has I put my model number in the drop down menu stops at the model before mine

Which then won't let you go any further with the registration 

profile.country.GB.title
sfoster00
New

I am having trouble registering my new camera. Plus the lens and older camera that I registered a few months back have now disappeared. Very frustrating!

profile.country.GB.title
liamtg
New

I am unable to register the new Google Assistant Built-in Wireless Speaker, model LF-S50G.

Is there any real need to?  If there is I need to register quite a lot and if it's going to be this difficult I won't bother

profile.country.GB.title
welbarn
Explorer

All of my previously registered products (about a dozen lenses and camera bodies, some blu-ray players) have dissapeared off my profile!! Something is going seriously weird on Sony UK website, will phone them tomorrow!

profile.country.GB.title
sfoster00
New

Hi liamtg

Thanks for your reply and, yes, you are correct, is there any need to. However, part of the reason I finally decided to buy the camera is that it had a Sony £100 Cash Back offer on it and so presumably I have to register it in order to get the money back?

Regards

sfoster00
profile.country.GB.title
liamtg
New

I see your point mate.

That's rather frustrating when there is £100 riding on it.
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi there,

I just wanted to notify you, that I merged some posts reagarding the currently broken product registration.

I hope it will be fixed soon.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi all, 

There is currently an issue with registering products on the Sony website, and the Sony team are investigating. 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F