Join now - be part of our community!

Product Registration

Mofazul
New

Product Registration

I am finding it difficult to register a product I purchased from Currys a Sony Wireless Headphone. I can insert the product number but nothing else.

Is the website going through an overhaul. If someone can help out let me know.

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
marshbayman
Explorer

Bought a KD-65XE7093 Tv recently. Already have a Reported fault with the "Apps" Not working. Networking also. To add insult to injury, When trying to Register the set with My Sony it was apparent that the KD-65XE7093 does NOT feature in the available list of Type numbers to select from. So had to register under KD-65XE7003, as the closest available,and add the Serial number. Have put the Proper type number in my address bar on an unused line !!

Very Amateurish Sony !! 

profile.country.GB.title
jimis_uk
New

Hi,

When I try to register a product the website only allows me to write the product code. I cannot fill in the rest of the information such as to click yes or no if I bought the product online or add the exact date.Can you please resolve the problem. 

Thank you,

Jimis_uk

Bought an ILCE-6500 but when I tried to register it the product ID was not recognised.

Going through the registration sellections similar models could be sellected, ie ILCE-6000 and ILCE-6300.

Confussing as the the model I bought is shown as an example of the product code.

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you've had trouble registering your product. We've escalated this to our Support team, and we'll be back in touch soon.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi, welcome to the community.

It would be best to contact support about this, you can reach them via the contact form here.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Dennis, and welcome to the community.

This sounds frustrating, but you can contact Sony Support about this here.

Thanks,

Pascale_F 

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi marshbayman, 

We've had some information back for you. Your TV is an amazon exclusive model, which is not available on MySony for registration at the moment. This has been raised to get more information on whether or not this will change.

You mentioned App and network issues that you reported. Could you give us more info about the issue and a Case ID if you have one? 

Thanks,

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
colin97
Explorer

Hi there

I had this problem when using Chrome but was successful when I used Firefox. Maybe try a different browser.

profile.country.GB.title
marshbayman
Explorer

Since raising this as an issue, SONY have put out an update to their advice on the Apps and Networking not working issue. The advice was to carry out a Factory Reset of the KD65XE7093. I carried this out and the Apps and Networking are now, at present working correctly. I'm a little surprised, that you do not appear to know about this ?  It is posted on the Sony Support web site ?

I have a sneaky suspicion that Updating the Guide to 'Freeview Play' May have caused this issue to begin with, as I had also carried this out, but am not absolutely sure that the Apps and Networking were working or not before I did this ?

Anyway, at present, having done the Factory Reset, as detailed by SONY Support all seems to be working correctly 

Regarding the Registration issue, it is a little Off if you are not able to Register the Model properly, merely because you purchased it from Amazon ? Surely the Manufacturer should be able to register one of the products it produces ? As stated previously I ended up registering under a '7003' reference, being the nearest available, with the Serial number included.

Regards

Marshbayman