Join now - be part of our community!

How can I have the clip timer on screen all the time?

SOLVED
profile.country.RO.title
Filminator

How can I have the clip timer on screen all the time?

I have an AX53 camcorder and would like to see the clip timer on the screen at all time when recording, not only for a couple of seconds after I touch the screen - does anyone know how I could do that? It's a piece of really important information for me, that I want to have visible at all time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@Filminator

Hi,

I have the AX53, the default for the LCD monitor screen to display is 3 seconds. You can set the monitor to display 'always on' in the settings. See below:

[133] How to Use Menu operations Camera/Mic

Display Setting

You can set the duration of displaying the icons or indicators on the LCD monitor while

recording.

1. - [Camera/Mic] - [ Shooting Assist] - [Display Setting] - desired setting.

Descriptions of menu items

Auto:

Displays for about 3 seconds.

The rec and zoom buttons on the LCD monitor are displayed.

On:

Always displays. The rec and zoom buttons on the LCD monitor are not displayed.

Note

You cannot change the setting of the icons or indicators on the LCD monitor while in

playback mode.

This information is from the Help Guide available for download here http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/FDR-AX53#Manuals

You can download or print the pdf version.

I have changed this setting and the screen icons do remain on although I have not tried the 'clip timer'. Let me know if this works for you.

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@Filminator

Hi,

I have the AX53, the default for the LCD monitor screen to display is 3 seconds. You can set the monitor to display 'always on' in the settings. See below:

[133] How to Use Menu operations Camera/Mic

Display Setting

You can set the duration of displaying the icons or indicators on the LCD monitor while

recording.

1. - [Camera/Mic] - [ Shooting Assist] - [Display Setting] - desired setting.

Descriptions of menu items

Auto:

Displays for about 3 seconds.

The rec and zoom buttons on the LCD monitor are displayed.

On:

Always displays. The rec and zoom buttons on the LCD monitor are not displayed.

Note

You cannot change the setting of the icons or indicators on the LCD monitor while in

playback mode.

This information is from the Help Guide available for download here http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/FDR-AX53#Manuals

You can download or print the pdf version.

I have changed this setting and the screen icons do remain on although I have not tried the 'clip timer'. Let me know if this works for you.

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it
profile.country.RO.title
Filminator

Yes, thank you, it worked! I never noticed that option, I was looking for something in the Settings menu.