Join now - be part of our community!

DCR-PC120E unsuccessful video connection to TV

SOLVED
wetcelery
New

DCR-PC120E unsuccessful video connection to TV

Hello all,

I recently rediscovered my dad's Sony Super Steady Shot Handycam DCR-PC120E. Despite being over a decade old (bought in 2002) it still works incredibly well. Battery charges well, operates fine, lens is good, playback is good etc. The only thing I am yet to try out is really to actually record some footage but I reckon this should be fine too considering the camera function works very well (just need to open some new tapes to really experiment and see). The main priority at the moment, before I start capturing footage, is to save what is already recorded. I've read online I need to use a 6pin-4pin FireWire cable - and since I'm on Mac, I'll need a Thunderbolt adapter too - to do this. Again, not yet tried but should be fine since there's been many similar queries that have been answered along these lines.

However the major thing is that I can't seem to get a successful connection to my TV displays.

I still have the original A/V connecting cable 1pin to 3pin (yellow, red and white) cable that comes with it, as well as a spare. I have tried connecting camcorder to tv directly but the visuals are scrambled and suffer from interference whilst the audio is transferred well. This happens with my spare cable too. I then used a 21pin adaptor to connect the A/V cable to camcorder but the same issue persists. I try two other 21pin adaptors I have in the house but same again. I can only get audio but no video.

Is anyone aware of how to solve this?

Many thanks,

Karlie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wetcelery
New

SOLVED

I bought a new cable and realised my original was faulty.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
wetcelery
New

SOLVED

I bought a new cable and realised my original was faulty.