Join now - be part of our community!

TV not powering up from standby after update.

profile.country.GB.title
jabbermack
Explorer

TV not powering up from standby after update.

Ever since the Oreo update, my Bravia TV has not powered up from standby using the remote or the power switch on the rear of the TV.

I am having to pull the lead from the rear of the TV and reboot it.

I have also carried out a complete reset, which has made no difference.

I'm willing to give sony the benefit of the doubt and hopefully sony will sort this out and produce another update.

But going on past experience with other Sony products. I will not be holding my breath.

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
fatboyz62

Tv has been great since the repair, no problems at all UNTIL the last week when the problem returned. Guess Sony will have to have another go at solving the problem, its getting to be a pain now.

profile.country.GB.title
Buzzingfast
Explorer

I've found that if I remove my USB stick that power Sony official Sub, I no longer have issues, apps still play up at times so I restart by holding standby button on the remote, this resolves for short period of time.

What's annoying the TV was fine from factory Android.

Defo software not Hardware that Sony needs to resolve with Google in my experience of recent updates.

profile.country.GB.title
ExpatScot

Same issue with a KD-65XF9005. Will not wake from standby with remote or power switch on rear of TV.  Needs a hard reset with power disconnection for more than 5 seconds. Latest software has been installed. 

TV is only a few months old.

Grass95
New

Just doesn't turn on since updating. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi, I'm sorry, what's the model that you have? Do you have any LED activity? Did you try another main? Or the power button on the TV itself?