Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia 65” Android tv - Dead!

profile.country.GB.title
scottg1123
New

Sony Bravia 65” Android tv - Dead!

Hi all, looking for some advice. I have a Sony Bravia 65” android tv (Model KD-65XD7505) Kids we’re watching a movie and it froze. The remote was unresponsive  

so i pulled out the power cable out the wall. I left it for 10 minutes plugged it back in and it froze on the “Sony” screen. So i’ve called Sony up and they talked me through some recovery options which didn’t work, now the tv starts off with a strange multi coloured circle, then the little android robot flashes with a red exclamation triangle. Now this TV is only 18 months old, and Sony have said they can’t do anything as the 1 year warranty is up, my home insurance won’t touch it because they said it’s a manufacturers fault. So what do i do now? anyone know?    it’s basically a paper weight now. Bad show sony, bad show 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Scottg,

Welcome to the community.

We will check into this to see if we can find any information that could help. Some of our members may also have some tips to share.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
scottg1123
New

Thanks for replying Ed, I had a authorised sony repair engineer take it away today, turns out the main board is dead. Not what you expect for a tv that’s just over 18 months old.