Join now - be part of our community!

Auto hdr not switching over.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
9668harry
Explorer

Auto hdr not switching over.

Hi everyone, I just purchased a new tv, the xf9005. Im really, really happy with my purchase so far except for one thing. The auto hdr does not switch over. I’m running Sky q (set to hdr 10) into hdmi 2 and PS4 through hdmi 3. I’m also using 4K Netflix via the tv. I’m getting a fantastic 4K picture but no hdr switch over on any of the sources. I can select it manually via the settings but I know it should be doing it automatically. I have the advanced 4K setting activated btw.

I have had a little look on the web to see if people are reporting this as well and came across a couple in one guise or another. Is there a setting that I’m missing maybe, or is this a bug that hopefully will be rectified soon.

cheers 

chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
9668harry
Explorer

Answering my own question here lol.

Think I’ve found the problem.

I’ve done a little research and turns out, unless I’m mistaken. Sky Q, although has the settings selected for hdr output is not showing anything hdr until 2019. If that’s right, then that’s clearly why it’s not switching over to hdr on the tv. 

The reason I’m not getting hdr on the PS4 is because I’m not playing any content that is in hdr, I found a list of hdr games and the ones I’m playing are not on it lol. I’ll have to dig out uncharted 4 which I believe is and test it out, but I’m guessing that will switch over as soon as I play it.  

Crisses over, turns out of fallen foul of the lack of 4K hdr content available to me or just my own misguided stupidity lol, probably a bit of both :upside_down:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
9668harry
Explorer

Just a little update. I just put on a episode of lost in space on netflix, it has Dolby vision and to my surprise, it switched over to hdr and Dolby vision mode. Not sure why it won’t do that with normal hdr content though.

profile.country.GB.title
9668harry
Explorer

Answering my own question here lol.

Think I’ve found the problem.

I’ve done a little research and turns out, unless I’m mistaken. Sky Q, although has the settings selected for hdr output is not showing anything hdr until 2019. If that’s right, then that’s clearly why it’s not switching over to hdr on the tv. 

The reason I’m not getting hdr on the PS4 is because I’m not playing any content that is in hdr, I found a list of hdr games and the ones I’m playing are not on it lol. I’ll have to dig out uncharted 4 which I believe is and test it out, but I’m guessing that will switch over as soon as I play it.  

Crisses over, turns out of fallen foul of the lack of 4K hdr content available to me or just my own misguided stupidity lol, probably a bit of both :upside_down:

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Thumbs up Chris for taking time and posting back your findings. :slight_smile: We greately appreciate it when users get back to us with the solution to problems and inform all others about it. It adds value to the community.

Cheers,

Dutchice