Join now - be part of our community!

Missing a simple channel list and some other basic functionalities

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Missing a simple channel list and some other basic functionalities

Hello Everybody!

I have just purchased a new Sony KDL-50W809C Android TV.

The screen is amassing but I noticed thet some simple functions are missing (apart from some bigger funktions already disscussed here).

1. A simple channel list would be nice to search a TV channel (Guide is not fast enough and I also have the flickering problem by changing between TV and Guide - it's to slow)

2. Sorting channels alphabetically. - it would be nice to have couple of possibilities by managing the channels.

3. By watching something with Subtitles, the display for volume control hides the subtitle.

4. It is to complicated to access Sleep Timer functions and the TV app closes when I access the Timer app. It is annoying.

5. TV app stops also by accessing other apps, including settings.

Just noticed, that the channel setup menu respond time is > 1s after pressing a button on the remote.

Firmware version: PKG3.155.0100EUA

Is there a Forum where are Sony engineers present? Or is there a possibility to contact the right persons inside Sony support?

Thx for Your replies.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

2. In Freeview mode, go Home/Channel Setup/Digital Setup/Digital Tuning/Programme List Edit.

You can then rearrange the channels, albeit one at a time, to where you want them, and delete any you don't want to see.

The results of this will carry over if you go back into the YouView side as long as you press Cancel at the option to retune when you go back into YouView.

When watching TV on the Freeview side, you can press the Action Menu button on the remote, where you will see Favourites setup at the bottom of the TV column, where you can set up up to four sets of Favourites, You can, again manually and one at a time, 'sort' these into any sequence you want.

Favourites do not carry over into YouView, but you can Hide channels directly in YouView, a feature accessed by the Yellow button when you are on the YouView menus or Guide,

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
timodell

Thanks, Do the edits to the Youview channel list also survive exit from Youview to Freeview and visa versa? 

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

First of all, thank You for your reply.

I don't have Youview (I'm from Hungary).

I will probably play with favourites, because channel setup is painstakingly slow to respond on commands.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@timodell wrote:

Thanks, Do the edits to the Youview channel list also survive exit from Youview to Freeview and visa versa? 

Interesting question - I don't know. Easy to try, though.

But I am certainly running on YouView with a channel list that has been reordered in Freeview.

I'll delete a few Adult channels on each side tomorrow, and see if the deletes survive the switch or not. As best I can with my eyes closed, of course 🙂

Watch this space........

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@timodell wrote:

Thanks, Do the edits to the Youview channel list also survive exit from Youview to Freeview and vice versa? 

Now checked.

Hide Channels in YouView - they are hidden still when you go to Freeview.

But return to YouView, without retuning, and they come back.

Go to Freeview from there, there are also present in Freeview once again.

Delete Channels in Freeview - they are not present when you return to YouView without retuning.

Channels Deleted in Freeview, like channels Moved in Freeview, persist no matter how many times you swap between YouView and Freeview, as long as you never retune going back into YouView.

i call 'bug' on one, possibly both, Hidden Channels behaviour that YouView/ the Sony TV is exhibiting here.