Join now - be part of our community!

How to install Sony Select Featured apps like iplayer

pierslawson
Explorer

How to install Sony Select Featured apps like iplayer

So my 49X8309C has Android TV and the Featured Apps section has a Sony Select area. In there are the iPlayer app, itv app etc. and they work just fine... but how do I install them so they are on my App menu? They are not available through the Google play store.

Tags (3)
14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
DorsetRed
Explorer

Has anyone else managed to get this working without an aerial? Seems impossible to me!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that if you can at least tune in some channels, then itv hub/all4 will work without an aerial connected - but you must go through the tuning first.  Try taking the tv to a friend or neighbours, or purchase a cheap indoor aerial.

profile.country.GB.title
DorsetRed
Explorer

That's what I thought to be fair, it was only because the guy on this thread said it was possible without an aerial that I tried.

I did buy an indoor aerial but still no signal. I might take it to the neighbours but it's wall mounted so a bit of a pain. I do have Sky, so not the end of the world, I just like to know that I have the option!

profile.country.GB.title
godboy_uk
Explorer

I have got the same issue.  I can not skip the channel scan on you view set up and I want to use the on demand services.  Frustrating Grrrrr

deemo156
New

ITV Hub