Join now - be part of our community!

all4

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

all4

i have just got kd65-xf9005 so far i am preaty happy with it the only problem i have is not getting the all4 app without youview i think this is a disgrace are sony giving youview a backhander as i can get the the b b c i player without connecting to youview as i dont have a aireal i nly have a sky q box  when i got on to sony customer support they say ishould get a ariel and connect to youview i dont see why i should have to do this just to get all4

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@stewartgordon4 wrote:

i have just got kd65-xf9005 so far i am preaty happy with it the only problem i have is not getting the all4 app without youview i think this is a disgrace are sony giving youview a backhander as i can get the the b b c i player without connecting to youview as i dont have a aireal i nly have a sky q box  when i got on to sony customer support they say ishould get a ariel and connect to youview i dont see why i should have to do this just to get all4

Sony have never taken the trouble, or paid the fees, or whatever is needed, to offer either All4 or the itv Hub in their own right.

But the deal they did with YouView to bring its UI to the platform also brought these two players.

It’s kind of weird you would blame YouView in any way for actually providing these players; Sony could go out tomorrow, I imagine, and license them separately, but they never have.

And both YouView and Sony are completely upfront about what you do and don’t get with and without the YouView interface, which can be switched off at any time in favour of the Freeview one without these players.

Not that you want either terrestrial TV service of course.

But why don’t you ask Sky to provide All4? You don’t seem to blame them for not putting All4 on their expensive Sky Q box, when it is freely available on their £20 NowTV stick.

Come to think of it, why not just buy one of those and stick it on the back of the TV? All4, itv Hub, other stuff, done deal.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking