Join now - be part of our community!

Special offer on the BOXING DAY?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
taehyukk
Visitor

Special offer on the BOXING DAY?

I was wondering if there will be any boxing day offer on SONY NEX-5R (with bundle kits)

and also, I am curious whether you had offer on NEX series last year. (On boxing day)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello taehyukk - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a Boxing Day offer on the NEX series last year but this is because I literally cannot remember either way - perhaps if someone sees this who has a better memory than me, they will be able to shed some light on this!

For this year, I would advise you to keep an eye on the official Sony sales page at www.sony.co.uk to see if any announcements are made. Bear in mind as well that the current economic market means that a lot of other online electronics retailers can start the 'January Sales' at any time (I put that term in quotation marks as it has now become a hideous name for the promotional period - it seems to start whenever each individual retailer starts to panic about sales levels at any time in the three months leading up to New Years Day!). Because of this, the current climate means that you are just as likely to get a bargain before or during the Xmas rush. Looking at all of the major retail sites on a regular basis is a must but there are also online comparison tools like the Shopping tab on Google that will try and index all of the latest prices when you search for the model of camera directly.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello taehyukk - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a Boxing Day offer on the NEX series last year but this is because I literally cannot remember either way - perhaps if someone sees this who has a better memory than me, they will be able to shed some light on this!

For this year, I would advise you to keep an eye on the official Sony sales page at www.sony.co.uk to see if any announcements are made. Bear in mind as well that the current economic market means that a lot of other online electronics retailers can start the 'January Sales' at any time (I put that term in quotation marks as it has now become a hideous name for the promotional period - it seems to start whenever each individual retailer starts to panic about sales levels at any time in the three months leading up to New Years Day!). Because of this, the current climate means that you are just as likely to get a bargain before or during the Xmas rush. Looking at all of the major retail sites on a regular basis is a must but there are also online comparison tools like the Shopping tab on Google that will try and index all of the latest prices when you search for the model of camera directly.

Thanks,

Simon