Join now - be part of our community!

Problems connecting a nex f3 to pc

profile.country.en_GB.title
ligildi
Visitor

Problems connecting a nex f3 to pc

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my nex f3 to my pc to download the apps. When I connect the camera, it opens up to view and / or import photos etc. However, I've been trying to download the playmemory camera apps and it won't verify the camera. I can get as far as step 2, where the apps have apparently been downloaded to the pc and it then asks me to turn on the camera and connect via the usb and then click the verify button, closing any other windows that pop up due to the connection. So far so good! But when I hit the verify button, it thinks about it for a bit then reverts to the now turn on your camera and connect via the usb to the pc and hit the verify button. So I'm currently going round in circles and getting nowhere fast!

Anyone else had this issue or know a way round it?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello ligildi - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Just to verify that the camera has been successfully installed on your computer, when you connect it via USB, do you see the camera appear as a seperate device in 'Computer/My Computer' which then allows you to click through to the memory card folder and view the photos/videos that you have already taken?

If this has been done successfully, this will prove that the camera is installed correctly and I will try and get some specific information about the verification process.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
scav242
Explorer

Hi ligildi

I don't think the NEX F3 is compatible with any of the playmemory camera apps. available at present. This could be why your camera is not being verified, the software should however display this instead of just looping.

mansoor

Message was edited by: scav242