Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories app purchase - internal error

ammanati
Explorer

Play memories app purchase - internal error

Hi guys,

I wanted to download the Time-Lapse app from sony play memories last night. I am using fully updated sony a6000.

The account has been registered and all went well until the confirmation of the purchase when I received "internal error has occured" message. First via wifi then I repeated the process using the cable (both on Mac and Windows; couldnt confirm the connection on Mac though) but still am getting the same message. 

Have anyone got similar problem? I've seen issues with the cable connection around but for other people the wifi usually works. 

Internal error suggest something wrong with the camera then. Doesn't it?

Appreciate your help. Wanted to install the app before Sunday morning when I am off to Italy for holiday.

Thanks

Edit: I can see now that the latest firmware is 3.1 while the app is 3.3. Should those correspond or are they simply just versions of separate items, i.e. app is being updated quicker than camera.

152 REPLIES 152
schneckc
Explorer

I was finally able to install the app yesterday without difficulties. I think they have fixed the problem. 

profile.country.NL.title
kiemiboy
Explorer

Today tried to install a pay app and still got the internal error.

I was using the cable. So it is not fix yet by Sony

justghio
New

it still does not work for my a6300

schneckc
Explorer

You may have already tried this strategy, but Colby Brown has a good step-by-step instruction set:

http://www.colbybrownphotography.com/installing-and-updating-apps-on-your-sony-camera-with-ease/

Chris

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

it does seem odd that some users have been able to install the app & others not..

Sony have messaged me asking if any of you that have experienced problems could provide the exact date & time of when your received the error message??

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!

I purchased 2 Sony A7Sii's, 1 A7Rii, and 2 FS5s. I just recently made my switch over to Sony from Canon and I am trying to use my Sony gear for the timelapse and cannot download this stupid APP! Been getting Internal Error Message codes for 2 days now - my last being at 11:05am. 

I will be on a set today where motion TimeLapse is needed and we will be using our Canon 5D's. 

This does not speak well of Sony. If your going to offer a paid app - piece of advice...make it work! 

Hi,

I solved the problem in my case.

1. Several forum topics (going back up to 2008) mention this problem as a repeating issue of wrong CC data entered by a user. I checked this twice on two different CCs and two different banks. Nothing worked.

2. Finally I decided to check my CC data at the bank webpage. In the SONY form there are three lines for the address. My bank keeps my building and apartment numbers in the second and third line. This is very strange but I entered exactly the same data into the SONY form. I literally copied it.

3. It started working.  It looks like SONY is too restrictive when checking CC holder data.

jlaw1979
Explorer

Hi-

I have been trying for the past couple of weeks to download the time lapse app for my Sony A7s. I've attempted to install it via both USB cable on my Mac  and WIFI  It's good to know that other people are experiencing the same problem, however.

I hope Sony fixes this!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,
Sony have messaged me asking if any of you could provide the a date & time of when you experienced problems??

ammanati
Explorer

In my case it was the week 6-12.06.2016. Can't remember the exact date. It seemed to be fixed for me about 17-18.06 when I cam back to London from holiday.

Thanks