Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories app purchase - internal error

ammanati
Explorer

Play memories app purchase - internal error

Hi guys,

I wanted to download the Time-Lapse app from sony play memories last night. I am using fully updated sony a6000.

The account has been registered and all went well until the confirmation of the purchase when I received "internal error has occured" message. First via wifi then I repeated the process using the cable (both on Mac and Windows; couldnt confirm the connection on Mac though) but still am getting the same message. 

Have anyone got similar problem? I've seen issues with the cable connection around but for other people the wifi usually works. 

Internal error suggest something wrong with the camera then. Doesn't it?

Appreciate your help. Wanted to install the app before Sunday morning when I am off to Italy for holiday.

Thanks

Edit: I can see now that the latest firmware is 3.1 while the app is 3.3. Should those correspond or are they simply just versions of separate items, i.e. app is being updated quicker than camera.

152 REPLIES 152
daniserio
Explorer

Same here. I'm absolutely fuming!!! How the hell can it be that they can't even make paypal work....They do damn game consoles for decades but are not able to do it!?

daniserio
Explorer

Same here. I'm absolutely fuming!!! How the hell can it be that they can't even make paypal work....They do damn game consoles for decades but are not able to do it!?

Tags (1)
daniserio
Explorer

PLUS: i can't even use the workaround with the PSN-card because I'm living currently in Switzerland where online shops only sell 50 francs cards... unbelievable

SiobhaaanAB

how about going on to amazon and buying a £10 PSN card? and you get the code as soon as you purchase. That's what I done because most shops near me only sold £20 cards and I didn't want to waste money in case it didn't work. It's worth a try! 

AndyTran1181
Explorer

Till today still not yet fixed. What the hell?!

qdream
Explorer

On my a6300 still not fixed many months ago!. What are you doing? 

Thanks SiobhaaanAB, going to Amazon and getting the PSN card worked!! It looks like there was just an issue with payment via paypal or credit cards. 

Dave5000
New

Me too.

Time sony either made it free for there customers or sorted it

The free ones do work!!

lampcord
New

I just tried on 19Nov2016 and received the internal error message while trying to install time lapse.

demondog05
Explorer

Yup. Same issue with payments. Called my bank to make sure I was not the problem and they confirmed my card and accounts is good. Tried Paypal with the same results.